The Hyde Hall Covered Bridge is the only covered bridge still standing in Otsego County. Built by Cyrenus Clark, Andrew Alden and Lorenzo Bates in 1825, this 53-foot-long, single span structure incorporates the Burr arch design patented in 1817 by Theodore Burr of Torringford, Connecticut. It is one of two authentic Burr arch truss bridges in the state and is located at the northern tip of Otsego Lake in Glimmerglass State Park. The Hyde Hall Covered Bridge is not only the oldest existing covered bridge in New York State, but the oldest in United States. It is one of three covered bridges in New York State with horizontal siding.
The bridge was listed on the State and National Register of Historic Places on December 17, 1998.