Find Your Way to Cooperstown
Want to know how to get to Cooperstown and Otsego County? Start here. Whether you plan to travel by car, bus, train, or plane, we provide detailed directions and information about different arrival methods so you arrive safe and sound.
Nestled in the foothills of the Northern Catskill Mountains of New York, you'll find that getting to the Cooperstown-Oneonta area is half the fun - and you don't have to hit 500 home runs to do it!
Otsego County is located in the south-central part of the state. Cooperstown is centrally located in Otsego County, 70 miles west of Albany and 30 miles south of the NYS Thruway (1-90)
- From the west: Thruway Exit 30 at Herkimer (Rt. 28).
- From the east: Thruway Exit 29 at Canajoharie (Rts. 10, 20 and 80) or Thruway Exit 25A and take I-88 to Duanesburg (5 miles), then Rt. 20 west to 80 south.
- From the south: Rts. 1-88 & 28 (Binghamton/Oneonta/Cooperstown).
- From the southeast:Thruway (Rt. 87) Exit 21 at Catskill, use Rts. 145, 20 and 80.
- Need a ride? Taxi service is available.
Adirondack Trailways / Pine Hill Trailways serves Otsego County daily. For fare and schedule information, call 800-858-8555.
Oneonta Public Transit (OPT) operates Monday - Saturday & Closed Sundays. Oneonta to Cooperstown bus line. Call (607) 432-7100 for details.
Take the train to the Albany-Rensselaer Amtrak station, rent a car and Drive to Adventure!
NEW! Amtrak has paired with Trailways of New York to offer service from NYC to Cooperstown with a train/bus combo ticket. Simply ask for a ticket to Cooperstown!
Rt. 166, RR4, Box 624
Cooperstown, NY 13326
RD4, Box 721
Oneonta, NY 13820