Whether you're thinking about a visit, or you've already arrived, we're here to assist with your trip to Cooperstown – from our 'must-dos,' to where to stay, what to eat, and how to get around town, here's the low-down on all you need to know about America's hometown.
Top 5 Things to Do in Cooperstown
The order of these may be up for debate depending on who you ask, but when it comes down to it, these activities all rank at the top for things to do in Cooperstown...
1. Experience our Baseball Legacy – From our reputation for being America's baseball Mecca as home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum and what is widely believe to be the birthplace of baseball, Doubleday Field, to hosting numerous youth baseball tournaments, Cooperstown is synonymous with baseball. No sliders, curveballs or three-finger change-ups about it.
2. Experience... Not Baseball? – Here in Cooperstown we love baseball – but there's more to us than meets the eye. We've got breweries and wineries, museums, opera and musical theatre at The Glimmerglass Festival, and other incredible attractions to delight history buffs, art enthusiasts and more. In other words, you don't need to be a sports buff to enjoy our many offerings and have a fantastic time here.
3. Enjoy our Foodie Paradise – There's a truly eclectic mix of cuisine here in Cooperstown and Otsego County. Farm fresh, gourmet, fusion, worldly, comfort food – however you want to describe it, our world-class restaurants will delight and surprise everyone - from food critics to burgeoning foodies.
4. Venture Outside – Hiking, mountain biking, lake time, golf and more – whatever your mode of outdoor recreation, get outside and see Cooperstown from a different perspective. Otsego County is home to a variety of State Parks and other wilderness areas where you can channel your rustic side.
5. Get Out of Cooperstown – This may sound like a funny one, but in between all of the fun and adventures you're having in Cooperstown, don't forget to take a day-trip to our surrounding communities. From having some good old-fashioned family fun at Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard in Fly Creek, to picking apples, raspberries, strawberries and more in Middlefield, Otsego County's communities are just a short drive from all of the action in Cooperstown – but after a visit, you'll discover they've got some hidden gems of their own.
Find a Place to Stay
Hotels, B&Bs and campgrounds; Inns, rentals, and more – Cooperstown and its surrounding areas are filled with a variety of places to stay for travelers, no matter the size, no matter the occasion. Check out our complete list of lodging offerings and explore your options with our easy-to-use search.
Directions to Cooperstown
Getting to Cooperstown is easy! Located within a day's drive of most eastern metropolitan areas, you can easily leave on Friday afternoon and return on Sunday for a quick weekend getaway. Need more information on how to get here? Get directions to Cooperstown before your visit.
Downtown Cooperstown offers metered parking throughout the village, but our trolley system is a great option for travelers looking to make a day of shopping and exploring all that we have to offer. Park and ride all day for just $2.
Now that you've got all the information you need, it's time to get out there and have some fun. Welcome to Cooperstown – enjoy your visit!