Far from the intensity of big cities, the area offers a refreshing rural perspective and a contemplative atmosphere that lends itself to heightened productivity. We are home to first-rate museums, breweries and cultural amenities (including the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum), for meeting spaces as well as social events – the makings of great memories.
The DMCOC offers a wide range of services, especially personal attention to detail. We are happy to receive Requests for Proposals and act as a conduit between venues and clients; host site inspections; provide planning assistance for all aspects of the meetings; provide travel materials and discount attractions passes/coupons; assist with developing off-site events.
Main Meeting Facilities
Greater Oneonta Coalition for Small Meetings/Conferences, Oneonta
Centrally located between Binghamton and Albany on I-88, equidistant to Utica (about an hour), the Greater Oneonta area offers a unique meeting venue. A collaboration among three franchise hotels (Holiday Inn, Hampton, Courtyard) for overnights, the meeting space is conveniently located a block from Main Street Oneonta. Foothills Performing Arts Center has a 600-seat theater, with an atrium for meals/events, as well as four break-out rooms that can accommodate 100 people each. Downtown Oneonta offers a wide variety of dining and shopping opportunities. Transportation to and from the hotels is available. Cooperstown attractions are 30 minutes from Oneonta.
Foothills Performing Arts Center, Oneonta
Located in Center City Oneonta, Foothills Performing Arts Center provides a unique meeting venue for events of all sizes, up to around 400 to 500. The auditorium seats more than 600, the adjacent atrium is a perfect location for meals and events. The site provides four break-out rooms for up to 100 people each. Just a block from Main Street, there is walkable access to bistros and shopping. MEMBER Oneonta Coalition.
Holiday Inn Oneonta-Cooperstown Area, Oneonta
Holiday Inn is located about 10 minutes from downtown Oneonta, five minutes from I-88. This full-service hotel provides a full venue for meetings with four meeting rooms, 5,900 square feet of space accommodating up to 300 people. A full-service hotel, food services are also provided on site. MEMBER Oneonta Coalition.
Otesaga Resort Hotel, Cooperstown
The Otesaga is Cooperstown's premier meeting place with elegant, fully-equipped event space amid the village's popular attractions. The hotel provides incomparable service and 30,000-square feet of meeting space, including elegant ballrooms and professional board rooms. The hotels delivers versatility and contemporary conveniences amidst breathtaking views, on-site dining options and exceptional service.
Clark Sports Center, Cooperstown
Customized programs that are fun, interactive and designed for groups that want to improve teamwork, cooperation, collaborative problem solving. Fast-paced activities and programs for various levels of abilities stimulate communication skills and problem solving. Can accommodate groups up to 250.
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is the definitive repository of baseball's treasures and attracts fans from around the world. Event space is available.
- The Farmers' Museum is an open-air, living history museums that recounts rural American life in the mid-1800s. Meeting and event space is available.
- Fenimore Art Museum celebrates American art with premiere collections in a stunning setting overlooking Otsego Lake. Meeting and event space is available.
- Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard is a culinary delight, with Mill-made fudges, aged cheeses, hard and sweet ciders, apples wines and MUCH more.
- Brewery Ommegang produces award-winning Belgian-style beers on a former hop farm (growing them again!) south of Cooperstown.
- The Cooperstown Beverage Trail features four breweries, three wineries, a cidery and distillery on an organized 43-mile trail.
- Hyde Hall is a 50-room neo-classic house museum built in the early 1800s, overlooking the northern shores of Otsego Lake.
- The Glimmerglass Festival presents internationally-acclaimed opera during the summer months in a lakeside setting amidst the area's rolling hills.
- The Glimmerglass Queen gives a unique perspective of the area from the lake itself, featuring one-hour narrated tours during the summer and early fall.
- Otsego Lake, called "Glimmerglass" in James Fenimore Cooper's early novels, has three village-owned parks and Glimmerglass State Park.
- The Oneonta Outlaws play college baseball on historic Damaschke Field in Oneonta, 30 minutes south of Cooperstown.
- Brooks House of BBQ is home to the largest indoor barbecue pit in the US and serves the best chicken on the East Coast. Take a tour of their on-site bottling facility.