This weekend is a celebration of the history and heritage of food and farming. Come explore our fields to learn more about the crops and animals that sustain our local communities!
Engage all of your senses by petting our animals, tasting cheese samples, smelling the fresh air, watching our staff cook a delicious supper, and listening to the sounds of a historic farm producing local food. Get up close to our farm operations, including watching our young oxen-in-training put their strength to work, and gain ideas for your own backyard and table!
Admission to all Step Back in Time weekends is included with regular museum admission. Members of the New York State Historical Association enjoy free admission.
Plus all the delightful activities that happen every day at The Farmers' Museum:
- Take a spin on the Empire State Carousel.
- Print a poster on the Liberty Press.
- Build your own toolbox.
- Enjoy a heart-pounding band organ concert.
- Watch how medicines were made in the 1840s.
- See flax fiber transformed into yarn.
- Experience life on a farm.
- See rope being made.
- Feed the baby animals in Children's Barnyard.
- Milk a cow.
- And all the activities in the Historic Buildings, all too numerous to mention!