Learn about the world of tractors and all the activities they powered on New York farms. See classic tractors and new tractors, small engines, and other machinery, representing the growth of farming technology.
- Over 60 classic tractors.
- See tractors at work thrashing and baling
- Hit-and-miss engines from the early to mid-1900s will be operating
- Wagon rides pulled by the Ford Golden Jubilee tractor
- Browse hundreds of farm toys from years gone by in a farm toy exhibit
- Tractor parade through the museum grounds (Sunday at noon)
Take advantage of all the delightful activities that happen every day at The Farmers' Museum:
- Firing the brick oven for bread baking
- Roasting on the open hearth
- Ride the Empire State Carousel
- Try your hand at the Liberty Press
- Making traditional hardware
- Take in the Mighty Military Band Organ concert
- Making medicines
- Processing flax fiber to yarn
- Try rope making
- Come help husk corn
- And all the activities in the Historic Buildings, too numerous to mention!
- The Crossroads Cafe
- Todd's General Store: Original and reproduction 19th-century products such as ceramics, glassware, band boxes, tinware, brooms, candles, soaps, candies, toys and games.
- The Farmers' Museum Store: merchandise based on the history and culture of New York State and rural America. Handcrafted items produced by our highly skilled staff and local artisans are featured. A section containing toys, games, books and crafts will please children of all ages!
Admission to Tractor Fest is included with paid museum admission: $12 adults (13+), $10.50 seniors (65+), $6 children (7-12). Children age 6 and younger are free, as well as museum members.