Internationally influenced cuisine, authentic American classics, and eclectic flavors utilizing the fresh bounty of the Susquehanna River Valley – who knew there could be so many flavors in the village of Cooperstown? Well, believe it or not, Cooperstown is one of America's best small towns for foodies, where you can taste your way across Otsego County during your next visit with stops at these top-rated restaurants, recommended by travelers just like you...
*Reviews quoted were sourced from TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Google Reviews.
Cooperstown Restaurants in the Press
Home to critically acclaimed restaurants, sample the menus of these Cooperstown 'foodie' spots recently featured in national food and travel publications:
- Alex & Ika – At the top of Yelp's ratings, Food & Wine Magazine recently tabbed this Cooperstown staple as "...the kind of place where customers come for a quick lunch and decide to return for dinner to try more elegant dishes, like roast duck and apple Tarte Tatin." All we can say? Yum.
- The Café at Brewery Ommegang – Beer aside, Ommegang is a 'must visit' in Cooperstown. Named one of the '25 Best Craft Breweries in America' by The Daily Meal, the café's "Belgian bites like ice cream and waffles," and delicious pommes frites are sure to please.
- Doubleday Café – Located just down the street from its namesake, Doubleday Field, this family-friendly dining option in Cooperstown received praise from The Boston Globe as a place where "...the food is good, the coffee cups bottomless, and the staff down-to-earth." We agree.
Lakeside Dining for Food with a View
We don't mean to brag, but Cooperstown is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in Central New York – why not pair those great views with a great meal?
- Lake Front Restaurant – Located on the shores of Otsego Lake, some consider this a "best kept secret in Cooperstown, NY," with "a great view of the lake and an excellent value." Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, enjoy delicious meals from the start of the day, until the end.
- Hawkeye Bar & Grill – Part of the historical Otesaga Resort Hotel on Otsego Lake, the "location is idyllic" at this casual dining option for lunch or dinner. Enjoy "surf and turf to die for," "memorable" dishes, and "exceptional food for all," – gluten-free diners included.
- Blue Mingo Grill – "A little slice of heaven," right here for you to enjoy in Cooperstown! Featuring an eclectic menu filled with Asian, Caribbean and baseball influences – yes, baseball, à la the Triple Play Grilled Cheese – tantalize your taste buds in this "SPECTACULAR" lakeside restaurant setting.
Organic, Locally Sourced Menus
Enjoy fresh foods from local farmers' markets and sample the innovative creations of chefs utilizing our fertile location in the Susquehanna River Valley to the fullest:
- Origin's Café at Carefree Gardens – Serving only food that is "GOOD for our bodies, CLEAN for the planet, and FAIR for the Global Community," Origins has quickly made waves in the Cooperstown restaurant scene. "Different and fresh!" "A delightful atmosphere." "A gem!"
- Danny's Market – This isn't your average delicatessen. "Shop or eat, you call it," said one reviewer – because here you'll find fresh-baked goods, but you'll also find "vegetarian options," "fresh bagels," "the best chicken sandwich in the world," and more at a spot "easily worth the stop."
- The Red Caboose Restaurant & Bar – "A great little place with big surprises," featuring farm to fork cuisine and a menu with "diversity." One reviewer put it best: "Stop (what you were going to do) Drop (where you were going) and Roll (into this place)." Great advice!
The Breakfast Club
Start off a day of touring Cooperstown's many attractions with a hearty breakfast at one of these fan-favorites:
- Stagecoach Coffee – "You need to have a place to get started on your full day of walking around Cooperstown and the Hall of Fame. This is it." Pumpkin spice lattes, outstanding coffee and breakfast fare to get you going – find it all at this #1 rated café on TripAdvisor.
- Schneider's Bakery – "The best doughnut in the world," "The wonderment that is a cinnamon roll from Schneider's," or just a strong cup of coffee to start off your day; Schneider's has it all for a quick stop on Main Street before, or during, some good old fashioned exploring in Cooperstown.
- Cooperstown Diner – Don't be fooled by its size; this is a breakfast staple in Cooperstown, plain and simple. Make yourself at home in one of the diner's 26 seats (yes, there are only 26) and chow down on the homemade corned beef hash, rated "EXCELLENT," with eggs cooked just right "...every time."
Spots for Sweet Treats
Need to satisfy your sweet tooth on a hot summer day after exploring Main Street? Then get your sugar fix on in one of these Cooperstown staples:
- Yum Yum Shack – Known for its variety of eclectic cuisine, a meal at Yum Yum wouldn't be complete without one of their homemade desserts. Try the Yum Yum Key Lime Pie, "one of the best... I've ever had," according to one reviewer, or share a few items for a "home run at any time!"
- Crazy Cupz – After a delicious meal, grab a sweet treat and choose from a variety of frozen yogurt flavors and a toppings buffet with everything you could ever dream of, including fresh fruit, delicious sauces, and more. All in all, this is the place to experience "frozen yogurt awesomeness!"
- The Cooperstown Penguin – Want to create your own ice cream flavor? Cooperstown can oblige! Mix and match ice creams with a variety of flavors for the ultimate customized, "most amazing ice cream ever," and see why visitors come again and again... and then come back for some more.
Family-Friendly Dining in Cooperstown
America's hometown plays host to numerous families, from those visiting for a baseball tournament, to others in town for a family trip – these picks are sure to satisfy every member, young and old:
- New York Pizzeria – Enjoy New York style pizza "without the NYC prices" and more, all right here in Cooperstown. Great for baseball groups and quick meals after a day of exploration, you won't find just any pizza pie here – you'll find "pizza with class and style!"
- Cooperstown Back Alley Grille – Don't be fooled by its back alley location – just a block away from the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, this is one spot to please adults and kids alike with its "traditional American grill" fare and "formidable drink selection."
- Toscana Italian Fusion & Grill – Sample creative Italian cuisine at Yelp's #1. "Heavenly food," said one reviewer; "A hidden gem," said another; "The best Eggplant Parmesan I've ever had! Sorry Ma!" Ideal for all occasions – from celebrations, to an everyday dinner with your clan.
Celebrate that special occasion or enjoy a night for just the two of you at Cooperstown's variety of romantic restaurants, and taste your way to a memorable experience.
- Bocca Osteria – Step into the "cozy atmosphere" at Bocca's and enjoy a savory night with that special someone. Offering "high quality Italian" cuisine, delicious desserts and more, this is a "MUST visit in Cooperstown." Reservations during baseball season are recommended.
- Council Rock Brewery – For a special night, try a place with "real magic" in Cooperstown. Council Rock offers an eclectic menu of pub fare, rotating beers on draft, and more for a laid-back spot, "great for a beer (so many to choose from) and a burger" with your gal or guy.
- Nicoletta's Italian Café – A lovely spot to celebrate special occasions and milestones with your significant other in a "romantic and cozy" atmosphere, enjoy "great Italian dining," featuring excellent Frutti di Mare – "by far the best I've had" – fettuccine and more at this "palate pleaser."