Pitching a tent, waking with the dawn and falling asleep under a brilliant canopy of stars is a rite of passage for many families. Share your love of camping and RVing in Cooperstown, where our campgrounds provide the ideal setting for connecting with nature, and reconnecting with your family, significant other, or friends. Kids are free to roam and explore, couples can meander from Main Street to campsite with ease, and many of our campgrounds offer onsite cabins and fun activities for everyone.
Thinking about loading up the car for a Cooperstown camping trip? Be sure to remember the essentials! Here's our suggested packing list:
• Bring your bikes and experience our incredible cycling routes, toss in bathing suits for swimming and long days on the lake, and throw in those hiking boots: - you'll want to explore nearby hiking trails.
• Bring your rods and tackle box so you can take advantage of great Otsego Lake fishing. If you want to head out on the lake, boat rentals are available.
• Don't forget a book—there's nothing like a great read during vacation—and a deck of cards for down time.
• Sun block, bug spray, rain gear, and headlamps will make everyone happier campers.
• And definitely don't forget the marshmallows: it's time for 'Smores and a campfire under the stars!
Our campgrounds are close to Cooperstown attractions including the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. And never fear: if the weather gets bad or you want to end your vacation on a more luxurious note, you can always stay at one of our welcoming Cooperstown hotels and snuggle into a comfy warm bed at the end of the day.