Cooperstown Attractions for All Travelers
Cooperstown is truly a "Believe it or Not" type of destination – and while known as the home of our nation's pastime and a baseball mecca of sorts, the charming Central New York village offers more than meets the eye. Brimming with culture, history, sports legacy, outdoor recreation and more, Cooperstown beckons first time and repeat visitors alike to discover – or rediscover – all the activities that await.
Top Attractions in Cooperstown
From baseball to the best of American Art, experience the many sides of Cooperstown at these top area attractions:
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum – Perhaps Cooperstown's biggest "claim to fame," the Hall of Fame is one of the area's most popular attractions. After strolling through its unique exhibitions, take in a game at Doubleday Field or stop by the Heroes of Baseball Wax Museum.
- The Fenimore Art Museum – Find inspiration at one of the nation's premier art institutions, showcasing a diverse display of genres ranging from 20th century American Art, to traditional American Indian Art, coupled with lecture series, workshops and educational opportunities.
- The Glimmerglass Festival – One of Cooperstown's hidden gems, the internationally-acclaimed summer opera festival will delight opera buffs and novices alike with classic performances and modern renditions in the beautiful lakeside setting of the Glimmerglass' Alice Busch Theater.
- The Farmers' Museum – Perhaps of one of the few remaining places in America where you can truly "step back in time," the Farmers' Museum brings American history to life right before your eyes. Experience life on the farm at Lippitt Farmstead, explore the Historic Village and more.
- Brewery Ommegang – One of America's most innovative craft breweries, sample Belgian-style brews at this beautiful farmstead brewery. Ommegang – "walking around" in Old Flemish – encourages its guests to do just that with tastings, tours, delicious food and ongoing events.
- Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard – Taste your way through over 40 specialty food products – yes, you can literally taste them all – sample delicious cider, and more at Fly Creek Cider Mill – tantalizing taste buds for more than 150 years.
- Cooperstown Distillery – Offering small-batch, hand-crafted spirits, this farm distillery strives to use as many New York State agricultural products as possible. Take a tour and after, sample spirits in both the Baseball Line-Up and Glimmerglass Collection, including vodkas, rums, a gin and bourbon.
More Activities in Cooperstown and Oneonta
From the Joseph L. Popp Butterfly Conservatory in Oneonta and a ride aboard the Cooperstown and Charlotte Valley Railroad, to exploring historic Hyde Hall and strolling down Cooperstown and Oneonta's quaint Main Streets, believe it or not, there's even more to see and do in Cooperstown. Start planning your trip today by booking a stay at one of the many Cooperstown hotels.